The filmmaker and photografer Magnus cooked up a small night cycle film when spring stood luscious and blackbirds were singing. It shows you that Pilen is an excellent bike even at night and you can feel safe riding your Pilen on both pitch dark roads and in evening traffic. A Pilen is comfortable in any environment. So crank up the volume and enjoy the song from birds and well-oiled hubs.
The film shown in the high quality by default. If your connection speed is below par, you can click the red button labeled HD on the movie Control Panel (HD-button pops up only after you started the movie) – or pause the movie after you started it so that it can download in the background. The button to the right of the HD-button enables full screen viewing.
The light is the life!
It is important to have good lights on your bicycle and in many countries it's also required according to law. Apart from that it's also stupid to not have lights and reflectors on the bike at night. It is hard for a driver to spot a bicycle rider from inside a car or truck.
Pilen Cykel AB are well known for producing sturdy bicycles. But we are also especially concerned about our bike owners, and as a cyclist in the dark, you are vulnerable. Thus, we have equipped Pilen with the best in lighting.
- Busch & Müller lights with a 3 watt H3 bulb – a real halogen lamp.
- It gives a really good light beam which illuminates even the darkest of roads.
- You are easy to spot even on streetlight illuminated city streets at night.
- NOTE! Be sure to angle the beam to an appropriate level – don't dazzle oncoming traffic. Slightly downwards for a stem mounted light and straight ahead for a fork mounted.
- Are you running on insecure graveled roads, you can benefit from tilting down the lights so the the roadway just in front of you is lit. It is an absolutely great way to avoid holes, sharp stones and stray hedgehogs.
- The rear light is battery powered with a LED lamp and have very long life.
- The rear light is activated by darkness and movement.
- The rear light has a built-in delay so that the lamp is also lit for a while when you stop at intersections or roadsides. This is a very important safety factor – that you can be seen from the rear when standing still is more important than you think. The reflector in the rear light helps, but it is partly dependent on the angle of the incoming light.
- Photography and Camera: Magnus Tamelander
- Music: Johan Gille
- Running time: approximately 2 minutes
- File format: Flash 8