Pilen Lyx is built with love and sound engineering skills to run easily on forest trails as well as on tarmac
The Lyx presents an extraordinarily comfortable ride that you simply have to experience. Low-maintenance hub gears and brakes are complemented by a handlebar shift, back-pedal coaster rear brake with a hand operated option and a super-comfortable Brooks leather saddle. The bicycle is supplied with a substantial load-bearing rear carrier with hand painted Pilen logo. It has powder coated steel mudguards and chain guard, front dynamo and rear LED lights, a frame-fitted rear wheel immobiliser lock and a special Pilen bell.
It comes with single, 2, 3, 5, 7 or 8 gears. With extra strong spokes, double skin rims and a strong carrier they can easily take heavy luggage.
- Frame of TiG-welded chromium-molybdenum steel. Superb quality, strong and very resilient.
- Sleek and strong fork in chrome-molybdenum steel with cast crown. Highly stable handling and wonderfully comfortable on the road or trail.
- Perhaps the best wheels on the market with double skinned aluminium rims, precision spoke holes and eyelets with extra strong stainless steel spokes. The rear wheel have swaged spokes – cold forged and made thinner and stronger in the middle section of the spoke.
- Stainless steel stem, handlebars, mudguards, seat post, and all the nuts and bolts out of 8.18-steel.
- The construction and design is harmonized to provide outstanding corrosion protection, low maintenance with classic elegance. This bicycle will last you forever you can even pass it on to your grandchildren!
- Brooks Saddle. Undeniably best saddle on the market. Beautiful leather construction that will adapt to your shape for the most comfortable ride ever.
- With Shimano Nexus Inter-8 you have the option of getting roller brakes in the rear hub and no coaster brakes.
As of the 2011 season, you will be able to design your own Pilen Special by choosing your colour scheme and specification. This page shows the basic model Pilen Lyx, available in black, red, green and blue – with black mudguards, carrier and chain guard.
Since 2011, you can tailor a Pilen Lyx to be your very own special friend on the road – Pilen Special. Lyx and Special share frame and fork and you can choose colours, saddles, accessories and selected components to suit your preference and taste and build you Pilen Special.
Note that the order form is primarily for Pilen retailers only. Private customers can however, if they find it suitable, fill in and e-mail this form to their local Pilen retailer for a quote. A private customer can not mail this to the Pilen factory directly. We will ignore any such files. Or print this form and take it to a Pilen retailer or a bicycle shop that you think should offer Pilen bicycles.