Deluxe Steel Grand Tourer Bike
Pilen GTV is our most exclusive classic vintage touring bicycle with 11 gears and a lively crome-moly steel frame. The GTV is equipped with hydraulic disc brakes and 11 gears Shimano SLX or Shimano Alfine 11.
Highlight and Features
Specification, Options and Prices
- Exclusive frame with steep angles built with tubes in chromium-molybdenum steel grade 4130. A more expensive and more resilient steel grade that after welding is heat-treated to restore the metal’s strongest crystalline structure and making the weld joints become one with the frame. The frame is light, strong and more flexible with increased driving experience. The frame is welded with TIG welding. A slow hard welding technique that produces strong thin joints. The frame details are brazed with brass band. True craftsmanship is beautiful and provides the best driving skills.
- The frame’s top tube is double butted with dimensions 0.9 mm – 0.6 – 0.9 mm.
- Elegant fork with cast steel crown. Fork legs in chrome molybdenum steel 4130. Fork legs are brazed to the cast fork. Very precise and responsive.
- Hydraulic disc brakes Shimano SLX Deore front and rear. Effective braking effect.
- Headset Tange Levin Alloy 1500 in dural aluminium.
- Crane Bell Suzu Alloy. Spring lever, polished bell house and nice tone.
- Very strong wheels with double bottomed alloy rims, targeted spoke holes, eyelets and strong spokes in stainless steel. Rear wheel got butted spokes for extra strength.
- Maintenance-free bottom bracket from Tange model LN-7922 with forged steel solid spindle, quality shielded bearings and light alloy body cups. Just lovely feeling and spin.
- Stainless steel 18.8 mudguards, struts, carrier clamps and all nuts and bolts. Alloy seat post and stem.
- Saddle Canard faux leather in Black, Brown or Honey. As option a Brooks B17 leather saddle in Black, Brown or Honey.
- Brazed on mounts for bottle holders on both the down tube and seat tube. Perfect for touring.
- Elegant carrier in alloy.
- Grips Herrmans Primergo cork.
- Pedals Marwi SP-2150. One piece aluminium body. Cr-Mo steel axle. Bearing cartridge + bushing system. Weight: 314 gram/pair.
- Saddle Montegrappa Canard faux leather in Black, Brown or Honey.
- As option saddle Brooks B17 leather in Black, Brown or Honey.
- Mudguards stainless steel. Choose between black powder painted or matte polished clean.
- Rotating chain guard front (not covering the chain).
- Tyres black Schwalbe Marathon Racer Performance Line 622-35 with reflex sides.
- Grips Herrmans Primergo Cork.
- Crane Bell Suzu Alloy.
- Stand Atran Moove Alloy.
- ABUS Amparo 485 high security lock.
- Approved lighting.
- Handlebars Sport or Roadster.
- Front hub with disc brake and hub dynamo. Alternatively hub with disc brake without dynamo and battery headlight.
Pilen GTV model
|SLX 11, hydr. disc brakes||Brooks B17 leather||12195|
|SLX 11, hydr. disc brakes, navdynamo||Brooks B17 leather||12695|
|Alfine 11, hydr. disc brakes||Brooks B17 leather||14695|
|Alfine 11, hydr. disc brakes, hub dynamoo||Brooks B17 leather||15195|
|SLX 11, hydr. disc brakes||Montegrappa Canard faux leather||11395|
|SLX 11, hydr. disc brakes, hub dynamoo||Montegrappa Canard faux leather||11895|
|Alfine 11, hydr. disc brakes||Montegrappa Canard faux leather||13895|
|Alfine 11, hydr. disc brakes, hub dynamoo||Montegrappa Canard faux leather||14395|
|Edited 2018-12-10 Magnus|
|Colors||Pilen GTV comes in Black RAL 9005, Red RAL 3004, Green RAL 6005 (lady), Creme RAL 1015 (lady), Durablack, Durablue and Duragreen. With silver Pilen badge.|
|Frame||Size: 57,5 cm. TIG-welded frame in chromium-molybdenum steel grade 4130 in all tubes for optimum elasticity, comfort and durability. Double butting in top and down tube. Brazed-on details. Vertical dropouts for disc brakes.|
|Fork||Chrome-molybdenum SAE 4130 cast fork crown and brazed fork legs.|
|Mudguards||Stainless steel. Choose between black powder painted or matte polished unpainted.|
|Front hub w/o dynamo||Shimano Deore|
|Front hub with dynamo||Shimano DH-3D37-QR|
|Brakes||Hydraulic disc brake Shimano SLX silver front and rear.|
|Bottom Bracket and Crankset||Maintenance-free bottom bracket from Tange model LN-7922 with forged steel solid spindle, quality shielded bearings and light alloy body cups. Alloy Crankset.|
|Headset||Tange Levin 1500 Alloy. Duraluminium. Heat-treated Cr-Mo ball races. Super Stone Polish on every ball races. Drilled non-structual areas for reduced weight. Fully Sealed Mechanism. Dural aluminium grade A7075-T6. Weight 121 grams.|
|Stem||Humpert pointing down, 60, 80, 100 or up 80.|
|Handlebars||Humpert roadster or sport.|
|Grips||Herrmans Primergo DD14|
|Bell||Crane Bells Suzu Alloy|
|Tyres||Marathon Racer Performance Line 35-622. With puncture protection. Max inflate 6,5 bar.|
|Rims||28 inches (19-622) double bottomed aluminium rims, targeted spoke holes, eyelets and strong spokes in stainless steel. Choose between Black or silver anodized aluminium.|
|Spokes||Sapim Stainless steel 2 mm. Butted in the rear wheel.|
|Carrier||Slender and strong aluminium alloy carrier.|
|Lock||ABUS Shield 565 with safetylevel 9.|
|Saddle||Brooks B17 in real leather. Comes in Black, Brown or Honey. Alternatively saddle Selle Montegrappa Canard in faux leather.|
|Headlight alt 1||Spanninga Brio with LED bulb 15 Lux. Requires dynamo.|
|Headlight alt 2||Axa Basta Microscope. Battery light.|
|Rear light||Vena from Spanninga with on/off function.|
|Reflexes||Reflex sides in tyres and in lights.|
Saddle Brooks B17
Saddle S M Corsa
|Updated 2020-03-11 Louise|
|SLX 11 Gears||14.2 kg||14 kg|
|SLX 11 Gears and Hub dynamo||14.6 kg||14.4 kg|
|Alfine 11 Gears||15.9 kg||15.7 kg|
|Alfine 11 Gearsr and Hub dynamo||16.3 kg||16.1 kg|
|Weight including battery light, lock, mudguards and package holder.|
A Driving Experience Most Generous
Exclusive Touring Bicycle
In every detail
Exclusive gear options
Shimano Alfine 11
Shimano Alfine 11 is a high-grade hub built for finesse, versatility, and effortless operation with 11 smooth shifting gears. The hub shields the geared interior from the environment for low maintenance and carefree use. Fitted with Shimano SLX disc brake.
Shimano SLX 11
Pilen GTV with Shimano SLX 11 features a 11 gear cassette sprocket with a wide range of gearings and a smoothly working SLX derailleur shifter. External gears requires some basic periodic maintenance to keep it working perfectly.
Well-equipped out of the box
Frame Cromo 4130
The Pilen GTV has a new both stonger and lighter frame built with double-butted chromoly tubings 4130 and has brazed on fittings and bottle mounts.
Front hub choice 1
Shimano front hub DH-3D37-QR for disc brake with internal generator which powers the head light with 6V 3W.
Front hub choice 2
Front hub Shimano Deore for disc brake. No in-built generator. The bike is fitted with a battery head light.
Bottom bracket Tange
Tange modell LN-7922 with fully CNC machined Cr-Mo hollow axle with shielded quality bearings and alloy body. Exquisite performance and maintenance-free.
Headset Tange Alloy 1500
Lightweight and strong duraluminum alloy construction. Heat-treated Cr-Mo ball races. Super Stone Polish on every ball races.
Bell Suzu Alloy
The GTV is fitted with stylish Suzu Alloy bell from Japanese Crane Bells. Beautiful workmanship with alloy bell, brass nut and spring lever.
Ergonomic grips Herrmans Primergo DD14 with cork and pleasant extra support for your palms during long enjoyable rides.
Tyres Schwalbe Racer
Schwalbe Racer Performance Line 40-622. Low rolling resistance and good puncture protection. Can be inflated to 6,5 bar.
Pedals Marvi SP-2150
One piece aluminium body. Cr-Mo steel axle. Bearing cartridge + bushing system. Size: 99 x 72 mm. Weight: 314 gram/pair.
Customise a GTV Special
A good bike should make enjoy every ride, feel proud of and have a good relationship with – aesthetically, technically and economically. That’s why Pilen embraces the customers’ creativity. The customer gets his personal Pilen to enjoy and Pilen gets to sell more beautiful Pilen bikes.
- Single coloured bike or a custom composition with fenders in any standard Pilen colour.
- Red power painted rims.
- Nitto stems and handlebars.
- Shimano SPD-M234 pedals.
- Brown or Creme tyres.
- Schwalbe Kojak tyres.
- Leather saddle Brooks B7 or B17 Special
- Exclusive bells from Japanese Crane Bells.
Why ride a Pilen?
The first and foremost argument is no doubt that you get a lot of bike for the buck. The Pilen only has but a few employees, and everyone in the company is able to build a bicycle with quality in the smallest detail. The bicycles are built at a lean production line that the Pilen folks built entirely on their own – a line that is subject to constant improvement.
You can choose the equipment level on all models. If you want a bike with just the bare necessities or spend a little extra, you have the chance to compose your own personal bike. Compare the Pilen’s driving experience and the equipment level with other bicycle brands. The bike feels neater and more lively.