Classic Vintage Steel City Bike
The Lyx is a classic steel bicycle beauty distinctly Scandinavian. A city bicycle for commuting and gravel road exploring. It offers a pleasant upright ride facing the sun.
Hightlights and Features
Specification, Options and Prices
- Frame tubes in chrome-molybdenum steel grade 4130. A more expensive steel grade. The frame becomes stronger and more flexible with better driving experience. Take it for a spin and feel the difference. The frame is welded with TIG welding, a slow and advanced welding technique that produces strong thin joints. The frame details are brazed. True craftsmanship is beautiful and gives the best driving experience.
- Elegant fork with cast steel crown. Fork legs in chrome molybdenum steel 4130. Fork legs are brazed to the cast fork. Very precise and responsive..
- Very strong wheels with double bottomed alloy rims, targeted spoke holes, eyelets and strong spokes in stainless steel. Rear wheel got butted spokes for extra strength.
- Maintenance-free bottom bracket from Tange model LN-7922 with forged steel solid spindle, quality shielded bearings and light alloy body cups. Just lovely feeling and spin.
- Stainless steel 18.8 mudguards, struts, seat post, stem, carrier clamps and all nuts and bolts.
- Sturdy yet elegant carrier in chrome molybdenum tubing with stainless steel clamps and hand-painted badge.
- Standard saddle is the wide and comfy Selle Montegrappa Future faux leather in colours Black, Brown or Honey. Optional is genuine Brooks leather saddle B67 with spring suspension in Black, Brown or Honey.
- Wide saddle Montegrappa Future in faux leather with spring suspension. Black, Brown or Honey.
- Option is saddle Brooks B66 in genuine leather with spring suspension. Black, Brown or Honey.
- Frame in TIG welded chrome-molybdenum high grade steel with brazed details.
- Black mudguards stainless steel. Powder coated.
- Black carrier chrome-molybdenum tubing with hand painted badge.
- Black chain cover chromated steel.
- Black anodized alloy rims.
- Black Schwalbe Citizen 47×622 with reflex sides.
- Stainless steel bell with Pilen badge.
- Black grips.
- Side stand Atran zinked steel.
- Abus security class 8 lock Amparo 485.
- Front and rear lighting with reflexes.
- Hub dynamo built in the front hub powering the head light. Optional is hub without dynamo and battery head light.
The Pilen costs a little more because it is much more bike. The prices are competitive and the bikes are good value when you compare what you get. The lovely driving experience, quality of the frame, the fine bottom bracket, the leather saddles and the thoughtful design give you many carefree, joyful years of ownership. For customers outside Sweden shipping, currency exchange rates and customs are factors. If you can’t convince a local bike shop to stock Pilen you can send us a message and we’ll offer you a quote.
Pilen Lyx model
|Lyx 1, coaster brake rear, roller brake hub dynamo front||Future faux leather||7645|
|Lyx 3, coaster brake rear, roller brake hub dynamo front||Future faux leather||8245|
|Lyx 7, coaster brake rear, roller brake hub dynamo front||Future faux leather||8945|
|Lyx 7, roller brake rear, roller brake and hub dynamo front||Future faux leather||9145|
|Lyx 1, coaster brake rear, roller brake hub dynamo front||Brooks B67 leather||8545|
|Lyx 3, coaster brake rear, roller brake hub dynamo front||Brooks B67 leather||9145|
|Lyx 7, coaster brake rear, roller brake hub dynamo front||Brooks B67 leather||9845|
|Lyx 7, roller brake rear, roller brake and hub dynamo front||Brooks B67 leather||10045|
|Prices are in SEK (kr). Shipping and handling not included.|
Pilen Lyx Specification
|Colors||Pilen Lyx comes in Black RAL 9005, Red RAL 3004, Blue RAL 5001, Dark Green RAL 6005, Creme RAL 1015, Orange RAL 2000, Silver, Pale blue RAL 5024, Pale green RAL 6021, Orange RAL 2000, Durablack, Durablue and Duragreen. Lyx Lady's model also comes in Red RAL 3002 and White RAL 9003. With Pilen silver badge.|
|Frame||Height Ladies: 54 cm. Height Gents: 56,5 cm. Chrome-molybdenum SAE 4130 in all tubes for optimum elasticity, comfort and durability. Powder coated.|
|Fork||Chrome-molybdenum SAE 4130 cast fork crown and brazed fork legs.|
|Mudguards||Stainless steel black powder painted.|
|Bottom Bracket and Crankset||Maintenance-free bottom bracket from Tange model LN-7922 with forged steel solid spindle, quality shielded bearings and light alloy body cups. Alloy Crankset.|
|Chain and cover||108 links anti rust protected chain. The chain guard has a layer of zink before powder coating.|
|Hub rear alt. 1||Shimano one-gear. Coaster brake.|
|Hub rear alt. 2||Shimano Nexus Inter 3. Coaster brakes. Handlebar Gripshift.|
|Hub rear alt. 3||Shimano Nexus Inter 7. Coaster brakes. Handlebar Gripshift.|
|Hub rear alt. 4||Shimano Nexus Inter 7. Roller brakes. Handlebar Gripshift. Front and rear brakes on handlebar.|
|Front hub alt. 1||Shimano DH-2R35-E- with hub dynamo powering the head light. Roller brakes Shimano BR-IM45.|
|Shifting||Handlebar grip shift rear side.|
|Tires||Schwalbe Citizen 47-622 with Puncture Protection. For heavy persons (+85) kg we recommend Schwalbe Big Apple.|
|Rims||28 inches (19-622) double bottomed aluminium rims, targeted spoke holes, eyelets and strong spokes in stainless steel. Black anodized aluminium.|
|Spokes||Sapim Stainless steel 2.36 mm butted in the rear wheel.|
|Basket/Front carrier||Black basket wire model on ladies.|
|Rear Carrier||Stable carrier made of steel tubing with stainless steel clamps. Painted black.|
|Lock||ABUS high security lock (class 8).|
|Brakes||Coaster brake rear hub alt. 1-3. Handlebars brakes on roller brake hubs.|
|Saddle||Montegrappa Future in faux leather with spring suspension. Black, Brown or Honey. Optionally Brooks B67 genuine leather with spring suspension. Black, Brown or Honey.|
|Headlight Man||Busch & Müller Lumotec Retro N with 2.4 watts H3-lamp.|
|Headlight Lady||Busch & Müller Lumotec basic with 2.4 watts H3-lamp.|
|Rear Light||LED. Automatic light activated by low light and movement. From Spanninga.|
|Reflectors||Reflex sides on the tires, in the rear and front lamp and on the basket (ladies model).|
|Bell||Stainless steel with Pilen badge.|
|Grips||Black environmental friendly TPE (Kraton) from Herrmans.|
Pilen Lyx model
Saddle Brooks B66
Beautiful and usable extra options Pilen Lyx Special to cater for your personal wishes and needs.
A Driving Experience Most Generous
In every detail
Low-maintenance hub gears and brakes combined with handlebar shift, back-pedal coaster rear brake (with a hand operated brake option available) and a super-comfortable Brooks leather saddle. The bicycle is supplied with a substantial load-bearing rear carrier with hand painted Pilen logo. It has powder coated steel mudguards and chain guard, front dynamo and rear LED lights, a frame-fitted rear wheel immobiliser lock and a special Pilen bell. The Lady’s model has a low step-through swan frame and front fitted basket as standard. The Lyx comes in 1, 3, 7 and 8 gears.
Customise a Lyx Special
- Single coloured bike or a custom composition with fenders, carrier, chain-guard in any standard Pilen colour.
- Silver anodised or red power painted rims.
- Brown or Creme tyres. Schwalbe Fat Frank or Big Apple.
- Leather saddle Brooks B66, B17 or B17.
- Exclusive bells from Japanese Crane Bells.
- A selection of baskets and carriers.
A selection of pretty Lyx Specials
Why ride a Pilen?
The first and foremost argument is no doubt that you get a lot of bike for the buck. The Pilen only has but a few employees, and everyone in the company is able to build a bicycle with quality in the smallest detail. The bicycles are built at a lean production line that the Pilen folks built entirely on their own – a line that is subject to constant improvement.
You can choose the equipment level on all models. If you want a bike with just the bare necessities or spend a little extra, you have the chance to compose your own personal bike. Compare the Pilen’s driving experience and the equipment level with other bicycle brands. The bike feels neater and more lively.