Classic Steel GrandTourer Bike
The Pilen GT is a brisk vintage touring city bike with a long pleasant aftertaste. The steel frame is built with light and strong thin wall chromoly tubes. Get ready for thrilling driving experience.
Highlight and Features
Specification, Options and Prices
- Exclusive frame with steep angles built with tubes in chromium-molybdenum steel grade 4130. A more expensive and more resilient steel grade that after welding is heat-treated to restore the metal’s strongest crystalline structure and making the weld joints become one with the frame. The frame is light, strong and more flexible with increased driving experience. The frame is welded with TIG welding. A slow hard welding technique that produces strong thin joints. The frame details are brazed with brass band. True craftsmanship is beautiful and provides the best driving skills.
- The frame’s top tube and down tube are butted. That means the tubing is thinner at the middle to save weight 0.9–0.6–0,9 mm.
- Elegant fork with cast steel crown. Fork legs in chrome molybdenum steel 4130. Fork legs are brazed to the cast fork. Very precise and responsive.
- Very strong wheels with double bottomed alloy rims, targeted spoke holes, eyelets and strong spokes in stainless steel. Rear wheel got butted spokes for extra strength.
- Maintenance-free bottom bracket from Tange model LN-7922 with forged steel solid spindle, quality shielded bearings and light alloy body cups. Just lovely feeling and spin.
- Stainless steel 18.8 mudguards, struts, carrier clamps and all nuts and bolts. Alloy seat post and stem.
- Elegant carrier in alloy.
- Selle Montegrappa Canard Faux leather saddle in black, brown or honey. Optional is a genuine Brooks B17 leather saddle in black, brown or honey.
- Saddle Selle Montegrappa Canard faux leather in black, brown or honey.
- Optional is saddle Brooks B17 leather in black, brown or honey.
- Mudguards stainless steel. Choose between black powder painted or matte polished clean.
- Rotating chain guard front (not covering the chain).
- Tyres black Schwalbe Marathon Racer 622-35 with reflex sides.
- Grips choose between Herrmans Zeglo Cork or black rubber grips.
- Alloy bell.
- Stand Atran Moove alloy.
- ABUS Amparo 485 high security lock.
- Approved lighting.
- Handlebars Sport or Roadster.
- Hub with roller brakes and hub dynamo. Alternatively hub without dynamo and battery headlight.
|GT 1, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Brooks B17 leather||8095|
|GT 3, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Brooks B17 leather||8675|
|GT 7, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Brooks B17 leather||9395|
|GT 7, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Brooks B17 leather||9895|
|GT 1, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Canard faux leather||7295|
|GT 3, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Canard faux leather||7875|
|GT 7, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Canard faux leather||8595|
|GT 7, coaster brake rear, hub dynamo and roller brake front||Canard faux leather||9095|
|Roller brake but no hub dynamo front||-400|
|With disk brake front||+900|
|With disk brake and hub dynamo front||+1200|
|Edited 2019-11-25 Louise|
|Colors||Pilen GT comes in Black RAL 9005, Red RAL 3004 (lady's), Green RAL 6005, Creme RAL 1015 (lady's), Durablack, Durablue and Duragreen. With Pilen silver badge.|
|Frame||Height: 56.5 cm. Chrome-molybdenum SAE 4130 in all tubes for optimum elasticity, comfort and durability. Brazed details. Butted down tube and top tube. Powder coated.|
|Fork||Chrome-molybdenum SAE 4130 cast fork crown and brazed fork legs.|
|Mudguards||Stainless steel (matte) polished|
|Bottom Bracket and Crankset||Maintenance-free bottom bracket from Tange model LN-7922 with forged steel solid spindle, quality shielded bearings and light alloy body cups. Alloy Crankset.|
|Chain and cover||108 links anti rust protected chain. The chain guard has a layer of zink before powder coating.|
|Hub rear alt. 1||Shimano one-gear. Coaster brake.|
|Hub rear alt. 2||Shimano Nexus Inter 3. Coaster brakes. Handlebar Gripshift.|
|Hub rear alt. 3||Shimano Nexus Inter 7. Coaster brakes. Handlebar Gripshift.|
|Hub rear alt. 4||Shimano Nexus Inter 7. Roller brakes. Handlebar Gripshift. Front and rear brakes on handlebar.|
|Hub rear alt. 5||Shimano Nexus Inter 8. Roller brakes. Handlebar Gripshift. Front and rear brakes on handlebar.|
|Front hub alt. 1||Shimano DH-2R35-E- with hub dynamo powering the head light. Roller brakes Shimano BR-IM45.|
|Front hub alt. 2||Shimano Nexus HB-IM40 and roller brake BR-IM45. Without hub dynamo.|
|Gear shifter||Handlebar grip shift rear side.|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Marathon Racer 40-622 Performance line with puncture protection. Max inflate 6,5 bar.|
|Rims||28 inches (19-622) double bottomed aluminium rims, targeted spoke holes, eyelets and strong spokes in stainless steel. Black anodized aluminium.|
|Spokes||Sapim Stainless steel 2 mm. Butted in the rear wheel.|
|Carrier||Slender and strong aluminium alloy carrier.|
|Lock||ABUS SHIELD 565, safetylevel 9|
|Brakes||Coaster brakes rear (exception alt. 4 and 5). Handlebar brake left.|
|Saddle||Brooks B17 in real leather. Comes in Black, Brown or Honey. Alternatively saddle Selle Montegrappa Canard in faux leather.|
|Headlight alt 1||Spanninga Brio on/off 15 Lux for models with hub dynamo.|
|Headlight alt 2||Axa Basta Microscope. Battery headlight.|
|Rear light||Spanninga Vena with on/off function.|
|Reflexes||Reflex sides on tires and in lights.|
|Grips||Herrmans Zeglo cork.|
|Bell||Bell Büchel Alloy.|
Pilen GT model
Saddle Brooks B17
|GT 1C with Roller Brake||14.0 kg||13.8 kg|
|GT 1C with Hub Dynamo||14.7 kg||14.5 kg|
|Gt 3C with Roller Brake||14.4 kg||14.2 kg|
|Gt 3C with Hub Dynamo||15.1 kg||14.9 kg|
|GT 7C with Roller Brake||15.3 kg||15.1 kg|
|GT 7C with Hub Dynamo||16.0 kg||15.8 kg|
|GT 7RB with Roller Brake||15.6 kg||15.4 kg|
|GT 7RB with Hub Dynamo||16.3 kg||16.1 kg|
|GT 8RB with Roller Brake||16.1 kg||15.9 kg|
|GT 8RB with Hub Dynamo||16.8 kg||16.6 kg|
|C=Coaster Brake rear|
|RB=Roller Brake rear|
A Driving Experience Most Generous
Classic Touring Bicycle
In every detail
Pilen GT sports low-maintenance hub gears and brakes combined with handlebar shift, back-pedal coaster rear brake (with a hand operated brake option available). It has powder coated steel mudguards and chain guard, front dynamo and rear LED lights, a frame-fitted rear wheel immobiliser lock. The frame is TIG-welded in chromium-molybdenum steel SAE 4130 and has brazed details. Construction and form comes together in carefree maintenance and classical elegance. The Pilen GT comes in 1, 3, 7 and 8 gears.
Customise a GT Special
GT Special is a GT where you have selected paint job and parts to your own liking. Single colour bicycles with white or brown tyres are popular. You kan choose:
- Single coloured bike or a custom composition with fenders in any standard Pilen colour.
- Red power painted rims.
- Brown or Creme tyres.
- Leather saddle Brooks B17.
- Exclusive bells from Japanese Crane Bells.
- A selection of baskets and carriers.
You must order a GT Special though your Pilen retailer. Some delivery time might apply.
Select from hub and lights
- Shimano Roller brake, hub dynamo and strong head light with LED bulb.
- Shimano Roller brake and a small flexible battery head light.
- Shimano Hydraulic Disc brake a small flexible battery head light.
- Shimano Hydraulic Disc brake with hub dynamo and strong head light with LED bulb.
Basket and chain cover
The Pilen GT can be equipped with optional basket or front carrier. Choose from the baskets and the carrier at the bottom of the page. It can also be equipped with optional covering chain protection.
Front disc brake option
Pilen GT can optionally be fitted with front hydraulic disc brake. For both front and rear disc braks see Pilen GTV.
Why ride a Pilen?
The first and foremost argument is no doubt that you get a lot of bike for the buck. The Pilen only has but a few employees, and everyone in the company is able to build a bicycle with quality in the smallest detail. The bicycles are built at a lean production line that the Pilen folks built entirely on their own – a line that is subject to constant improvement.
You can choose the equipment level on all models. If you want a bike with just the bare necessities or spend a little extra, you have the chance to compose your own personal bike. Compare the Pilen’s driving experience and the equipment level with other bicycle brands. The bike feels neater and more lively.